Virginia Commonwealth University is our College of the Month.
VCU is located in Richmond, Virginia on 158 acres. It was established in 1838. There are currently over 31,000 students attending with over 102 countries represented. VCU has 2,274 full-time faculty members and over 182,000 alumni. VCU is a premier urban, public research university focused on academic success. They take pride in its nationally ranked academic programs and academic medical center, research and scholarly productivity, and engagement with the communities they serve and change.
Academic programs offered
13 schools and one college offering:
- 59 bachelor’s degree programs
- 69 master’s degree programs
- 42 doctoral degree programs
- Three first-professional degree programs
- 47 post-baccalaureate and post-master’s certificate programs
- Undergraduate tuition and fees: 2016-17 academic year(Based on 15 credit hours per semester and 30 credit hours for the year):
- Virginia resident: $13,130
- Non-resident: $32,287
- Room (Double occupancy, Rhoads Hall): $5,999
- Board (Assumes 200-block plan with $300 per semester in Dining Dollars): $3,920
- Average financial aid awarded to full-time undergraduates seeking assistance: $15,203
Visit www.vcu.edu for additional information
Career Cluster of the month is: Health Science
Planning, managing and providing therapeutic services, diagnostics services, health informatics, support services, and biotechnology research and development.